Your teeth experience a tremendous amount of use and are exposed to a wide range of stain-
causing food and drink. It’s no wonder that teeth become discolored or are just not as white as
they could be. Because your smile helps to make a good first impression, you owe it to yourself
to explore how you can make your teeth be healthy and bright.
Let’s have a look at how teeth whitening and porcelain veneers can achieve a beautiful, white
smile – plus explore the advantages and considerations of each option.
Getting whiter teeth has never been easier thanks to a range of teeth whitening methods. A
commonly performed treatment, teeth whitening uses a bleaching agent (usually carbamide
peroxide or hydrogen peroxide) to remove stains and discoloration. North Boulder Dental offers
professional whitening that delivers impressive results and lasts longer than at-home whitening
Pros of Teeth Whitening
As a quick option, professional teeth whitening only takes about an hour to see great
results. Additional treatments are also available to achieve a whiter shade or for very
- Teeth whitening is less invasive than other options.
- The cost of teeth whitening tends to be lower than other cosmetic dental treatments.
Cons of Teeth Whitening
- The bleaching agent of whitening can cause irritation or sensitivity and precautions are
taken to protect the gums.
- Teeth whitening is especially effective for yellowing teeth but can be difficult to achieve
desired results for teeth that are gray or brown.
- Whitening only works well on natural teeth and can’t be used on bonding materials, such
as crowns or fillings
- Teeth whitening can just address the color of teeth, not any structural or teeth shaping
that may be needed.
Today’s dental technology and advancements make porcelain veneers an amazing option for
whiter teeth plus a range of other smile-changing benefits. As thin, porcelain shells, veneers are
placed on the surface of each tooth to transform not just the color, but the shape and position of
teeth! North Boulder Dental are excellent in porcelain veneer placement to achieve a beautiful,
white, and natural result.
Pros of Porcelain Veneers
- Veneers can make teeth whiter but are also custom-made to address cracked and
chipped teeth plus are used to straighten teeth and change the size and shape of each
- Porcelain veneers are highly durable, stain resistant, and natural looking.
- Porcelain veneers are custom-made, so patients can achieve the exact whiteness
- When properly cared for, porcelain veneers can last up to 20 years.
- Cons of Porcelain Veneers
- Not all patients are suitable candidates for veneers including those with damaged,
decayed or weakened teeth or severe oral health issues.
- The process of porcelain veneers takes a couple of weeks to be completed.
- Porcelain veneers are more expensive than teeth whitening options.
Interested in exploring the best improvement option for your smile? North Boulder Dental is here
to help! Call us at (303) 447-1042 to set up an appointment consultation to explore what options
will work best to achieve a beautiful, natural, and white smile!